Hey everybody! Today is my 20th birthday. Whoo!
I while back I was looking for a fun book tag to do on my birthday. I found this awesome Birthday Party book tag by Kit from Metaphors and Moonlight. I highly recommend checking out their original post and blog!
For this tag, you just need to choose five different books. Then, for each question, you open the corresponding book to a random page and follow the instructions for the answer. And link back to the creator’s original post! At the end, tell us how well you think your party turned out!
I decided to do something fun with this tag. Instead of picking the books myself, I asked for help! I asked my sister and some friends to pick two different numbers. Those numbers coordinated with the read books on my shelves. So the books were picked completely at random. Huge thank you to my sister, Marrill, Mandy, Jenna, and Elizabeth for helping with this!
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven (picked by my sister)
Caraval by Stephanie Garber (picked by Marrill)
Daughter of the Pirate King by Tricia Levenseller (picked by Mandy)
The Sandcastle Empire by Kayla Olson (picked by Jenna)
RoseBlood by A.G. Howard (picked by Elizabeth)
1. Open Book 1 – The first character name on the page is the one who plans the surprise party.
Finch!! I’m very happy with this. He and Violet when on some awesome adventures. I feel like he’d be a great party planner.
2. Open Book 2 – The first character name on the page is the one who ruins the surprise early (either by accidentally mentioning it or by telling you on purpose because they can’t keep a secret).
Julian. I kinda feel like Tella would be more likely to do this. Although, Julian might do this just because he can. Who knows? It’s been quite some time since I’ve read Caraval.
3. Open Book 3 – Wherever the current scene takes place will be the location of the party (as specific as possible, e.g. a person’s house, a grocery store, the middle of a forest, etc.).
The page I flipped to started in Riden’s quarters and the a large chunk of the page took place on the deck of the Nigh Farer. Either way I’m on a boat with my flippie-floppies (Anyone get this reference?)
4. Open Book 4 – The first character name on the page is the one who bakes the cake.
Alexa. Now it’s been almost four year since I read The Sandcastle Empire. I believe I liked Alexa at the end of the book, so I’m cool with this.
5. Open Book 5 – The first character name on the page is the one who sticks their finger in the icing when no one is looking.
Headmistress Fabre. This doesn’t seem like something a headmistress would do, but we all go a little wild sometimes.
6. Open Book 1 – The first character name on the page is the one who buys trick candles (those kinds that never go out).
Finch again! I mean he is planning the party so why not?
7. Open Book 2 – The first noun on the page that is a tangible object is the first gift you open.
Images. I do love a good photo. But what are the images off? Family? Friends? My enemies? I’m pretty interested in these images now.
8. Open Book 3 – The first character name on the page is the one who puts on the dorky party hat.
Kearan. I remember that he was quite a jerk. This seems like it would be really amusing. Bring on the dorky hats.
9. Open Book 4 – The first noun or adjective (whatever works) on the page is what the party theme will be.
Fish. We are on a boat so it makes sense. The question is what are decorations like? Are there random pictures of fish? Is there going to be a picture of a sturgeon hanging up? Or it is going to be streamers and traditional type thingamajigs?
10. Open Book 5 – The first noun on the page that is a tangible object is what the piñata will be filled with.
Leather! Is the leather shaped like fish? I have so many questions.
How Did the Party Turn Out?
Honestly it sounds pretty crazy and epic. I kinda want this to be real. Can you imagine a ship with partying and hitting a piñata filled with leather? Sounds like my kind of party.
That was such a fun tag! I definitely want to do it again on future birthdays. Again a huge thank you to everyone who helped with this.
When is your birthday?